Help: FAQ for Job Seekers
- Is Gigajob free?
- Yes, Gigajob is always completely free for job seekers to use.
- I'm new to Gigajob—how can I register for free?
- Simply click “Register” on the top right corner of the page, fill out the form, and send. You will receive an email with a confirmation link to click—and you're registered.
- How does Gigajob work for job seekers?
- Step 1: Register for free.
Step 2: Create a free resume. Include information about where you are and what sort of work you would like. With your online resume...
… potential employers can find you quickly and easily.
… you can directly contact job postings that interest you.
Post your Resume for FREE.
Tip: You can create as many resumes as you like on Gigajob. When applying for a job, simply choose the resume that best suits the posting you're interested in.
- What can I do so that multiple employers will contact me?
- A good applicant profile has a brief headline and accurately describes you. Employers can then see what you can do, your work history, and where your strengths lie--all at a glance. A good photo will round the profile off nicely.
Tip: Are you versatile and able to do different jobs? Create an applicant profile for each occupation in your repertoire.
- How do I find job offers?
- Job offers can be found using the search functions on the start page. Type the job you're searching for into “What?” and the place in “Where?” Click on “Find Jobs” and you'll get a results list with all job offers appropriate to your search. Search now
- How do I contact a job posting?
- Send a Contact Request:
Let the job poster know that you are interested in their job opening. Send the job poster a Contact Request via the button “Contact Now”. This will invite the job poster (Employer) to have a look at your profile.
- How they view it
Your contact request will be sent to the job poster. They can then accept or decline your request. This step is taken by Gigajob to protect the candidate's and the job poster's identity at an early stage.
- When your request is accepted
Once the job poster has accepted your Contact Request, you will be notified by Gigajob and asked, if you would like to share your contact details. Once you agree, the job poster will be informed and contact data will be made available for both parties. You can now continue with the application directly with the job poster.
- Send a Contact Request:
- How do I find suitable employment ads faster?
- You didn't immediately find the right offer? New ads are being published in Gigajob all the time. We can instantly send you an email whenever somebody posts an offer that matches your search profile. On all Gigajob search result pages you'll find a link called “Create Email Alert” in the right column. One click on that link — and your search is saved. We'll send you the latest job offers on a constant basis. This service is free and can be canceled at any time with just one click.
- Free Email Alerts
- You didn't immediately find the right offer? New ads are being published in Gigajob all the time. We can instantly send you an email whenever somebody posts an offer that matches your search profile. On all Gigajob search results pages you'll find a link called “Create Email Alert” in the right column. One click on that link — and your search is saved. We'll send you the latest jobs and resumes on a constant basis. This service is free and can be canceled at any time with just one click.
- What's my password again?
- Please click “Sign in” (or "Register") at the top right of the page and follow the link "Forgot your Gigajob Password?" Then enter your email address and click “Submit”. You will receive an email with a password-reset link, which you can click to enter a new password.
Important: The password-reset link is only valid for 2 hours. If the deadline passes, you will have to have a new email sent.
- The password reset email I requested didn't come. What can I do?
- Repeat the same process to be certain it worked: Please click “Sign in” (or "Register") at the top right of the page again and follow the link "Forgot your Gigajob Password?" Then enter your email address and hit the “Submit” button. Please make sure your email address is typo-free. You should receive the email with the password reset link. It's also possible that the email is in your spam folder. Please check the folder, adjust your settings accordingly, or enter another email address in the field.
- How can I change my access data (password/email address)?
- You must be logged in to change any data. When you are logged in, you see your email address in the blue bar at the top right corner of every Gigajob page. Click on your email address there to see a pull down menu offering access to “My Settings”. This will take you to a page where you can change your password or email address.
- How can I de-register from Gigajob?
- You must be logged in to do that. Click on your email address in the blue bar at the top right corner of any Gigajob page. Select “My Settings” from the pull down menu. There you'll find the link to “Cancel Gigajob Membership Permanently”.
Note: You cannot login again after you cancel your Gigajob membership. Your data and ads will be permanently deleted.
- ... I didn't find the answer to my question.
- Send us a message. The Gigajob team is here to help.
- ... I found a mistake.
- We're always working on Gigajob and looking to improve our website. We appreciate any tips you have.
- ... I have a suggestion for an improvement.
- We already have a long To Do list, but naturally we're happy to know that our users are thinking about and helping us to make Gigajob even better! Send us your suggestion.